The Term Exam-phobia came in picture with the 2 words “Exam” and “Phobia means fear”, the word itself explains its meaning and clarifying about the topic now we are going to discuss about. Still question is there in multiple of minds, what is exam phobia? So, the exam phobia is simply the fear that induces in mind of the people before giving any exam while preparing for it and these fear strokes increases with the decrease in time gap of examination’s arrival. Many of the people due to this fear of giving exam even with a proper preparation get fails and that increases brain-anxiety and stress which is definitely unnecessary ¬ good in any aspect of the health. So, everyone must avoid this exam phobia with various common practices we are going to discuss to overcome the fear of the exams and mostly it induces in children, so, the below techniques will help even the parents also to keep their children away from this type of phobias, because parents/guardians also plays a vital role in student’s life. Because in many cases parents are the one who forces and imposes their thoughts on children’s mind to secure first position or to achieve higher percentages and for that multiple of times parents punishes, scolds/shout on children if not found studying during exams and even create a fear in children’s mind of definite punishment if not secured good percentages. , so, it is advice to parents to look back the activities before planning exam’s hard schedule for person, observing the capacity of person Here we would like to mention some basic practices to avoid exam phobia:
1) Choose & Complete dedicated task: During exam’s time students must decide their targets for each day on basis of available time and should complete the decided task in the decided period of time. Because the incompleteness of work creates and increases stress in mind about pending and arriving tasks; that ultimately creates an unwanted burden on brain. So, despite of thinking about the task start performing the tasks and complete the work as a mission that you won’t left until gets over that too on the same day.
2) Avoid thinking about results: Until and unless the exams get conducted; children or people should not think anything regarding the results and must avoid the future planning based on exam results. Children and people mostly decides their goal by taking the examination’s conclusion as the first step to achieve dreams and that really pushes load mind to achieve got but if fails they gets stressed. Children should avoid thinking about negative impacts and aspects of the results instead try to focus on complete your decided task for the day.
3) Communication with friends and parents: During the exams whatever things are coming in the mind must be deal softly and gently; and in doing so the communication plays an important role to release stress from mind. Get a general interaction with your friends and family with any topic instead of exams. The parents must stop forcing children for extra studies during exams and must help children to be worry free these days, parents must avoid comparing own children with others by forecasting about the undecided results of exams, also parent must avoid giving punishment on the children’s failure instead they must work mutually with the child to understand and resolve the issue if any exists.
4) Proper& Balanced Diet: Students must take their complete and proper diet timely because it is necessary for the body to maintain the circulation of a proper amount of energy to work whether its physical or mental. A proper diet of a person is needed to maintain the energy levels in body and brain that helps the brain to work quite efficiently and that too in relaxed manner and a healthy brain’s efficiency is always better than the unhealthy one. Energetic brain provides the solutions to the problems within less amount of time and also generates a good grasping power with energized memories.
5) Sleeping, Proper Body Relaxation & Walking: Students must take proper sleep of 7 to 8 hours to keep their body properly relaxed physically. The proper sleeping is most necessary thing that charges our body like we charges our phones also a proper sleep provides a healthy body and a healthy mind. The proper sleeping makes the person with good health and as per a phrase “Healthy mind lives in a body” is correct. To keep your body and mind fit you guys must walk every day for at-least 10 minutes with a good pace.
6) Light Music with 10 min Yoga: People must do a 10 minute Yoga followed by listening a light music, (Basic Yoga: sit normally folding legs on a mat, close your eyes, take deep breathe and recite word “OM” with breathe while exhaling keeping doing this activity for 5to 10minutes)this technique will help in keeping mind calm and peaceful. The decisions made by a peaceful mind covers each and every aspects of situation and helps to find the better effective results possible from the whole condition that too consuming less time.
7) Avoid Distractions: This is the time when people suffers most distractions and majorly the distraction is from their phone or we can say the social media. Now a days everyone is addictively using social media and keeps themselves involved in mobile phones covering the major part of the time of a day. At the time of exams it’s a bit difficult for the people to avoid phone especially for those whose became addicted of it, so, here the solution is that they must use their addiction of mobile as self-achievement or gift for the day only if he/she completes the dedicated task(lessons decided to complete) of the day. You must take pledge that you will receive your phone for entertainment only after the completion of daily selected portion of studies and be honest and loyal to your pledge as this shows your dedication.