Rahul Tewatia, the 27-aged cricket player, is recently getting fame due to his incredible performance in IPL 2020, against Kings XI Punjab hit “5 sixes in single over” against West Indies Bowler Shelton Cottrell that demonstrated the turning point of the match, Even retired all-rounder star cricket player Yuvaraj Singh appraised him and gladly commented as ‘thanks to miss one ball’ for his brilliant performance on twitter. Let’s have some more information about him.
1. Personal life : Rahul Tewatia was born on 20 May 1993, Faridabad, India.
2. Career Debut: He made his debut on 6 December 2013 for Ranji Trophy from Haryana against Karnataka Team at the “Bansi Lal Cricket Stadium”. In his very Initial matches he has been seen twice scoring a total of 17 runs only.
3. IPL Career: Tewtia’s IPL career started in 2014, he got picked for Rajasthan Royals Team in IPL auction but he didn’t got chance to play.
4. Extreme Surprising Movement: In auction of IPL 2018, his base price was just Rs 10 Lakhs. But within some minutes price soars to a massive 2.5 Crores. His previous team KXIP was buying him, but at the last movement Delhi Daredevils bought him at 3 Crores.
5. Breakthrough: Tewtia started his list A career with the Vijay Hazare Trophy of 25 February 2016-17 where he performed as bowler: right arm leg break and as left handed batsman.
6. Tweet Controversy: In IPL 2020, RR vs KXIP match, Rahul Tewatia was got trolled a lot on twitter while playing initial 20 balls because of his unsatisfactorily scores, and then after his 5 sixes in next over twitter communities apologies for their underestimation of Tewatia.
7. Franchises played: Rahul Tewatia has played for various franchises in cricket career, they are:
Chandigarh, Cheetas ; Delhi, Capitals ; Delhi, Dare Devils ; Haryana ; Kings Eleven, Punjab ; ONGC and Rajasthan Royals.